Occasionally it is useful to preserve all of the configurations for an existing HMS installation, such as when migrating an MTA from one server to another. This is a fairly straight-forward process since all
of the configurations for an installation are stored within the "Hurricane MTA Server" program directory. In order to back up your configuration, just do the following:
- Shut down all Hurricane MTA services.
- Zip up the "Hurricane MTA Server" directory with the following exceptions:
- omit the top-level 'logfiles' directory and all subdirectories for each account-level directory except the 'config' directory. The 'config' directory for each account should be included (e.g. accounts/1000/config) as it is required due to containing account-specific configuration information.
Once the backup is made, it can be restored to another system:
- Install the Hurricane MTA on the new system.
- Ensure that the MTA services are offline.
- Unzip the backup files on top of the new installation.
- Start the MTA services.
Finally, if using a backup in order to migrate an MTA to a new system, don't forget to deauthorize the license on the original system.
Updated 11 months ago